Sunday, June 11, 2017

another journey awaits me.

Around eight weeks from now, I will be starting my journey through medical school. I am not getting any younger to delay this any further and maybe I am destined to become a great physician/part time nymphomaniac/blogger. This decision to proceed to medicine will definitely become a life changing experience for me. Especially since I would have to give up a large portion of my youth (if there is still any left) to devote myself to the endless hours of studying as a med student.

Right now I still have not decided on which medical school to attend in my province due to many factors such as the need to avoid toxic people, the amount of stress given by certain schools to students, and of course the credibility of the school (since I would want a school that can help me become a competent physician).

Just recently "Patrick" has been pushing me to attend his alma mater, which has been consistently performing well in the physicians licensure exams. I was considering this school till my friends whom are current and former students there say that the workload is very demanding as compared to the other schools in our province and that out of the usual 200 admitted students only around 30 - 40 manage to finish the whole program. Since I did not want him to meddle with my studies (since he is also teaching in his alma mater) or even compare his performance with mines, the only other good options left for me is my alma mater and the new medical school which they say is as challenging as his alma mater.

During one of our bedtime conversations (yes we are now in the sleepover stage of our relationship), Patrick was still trying to convince me to reconsider going to his alma mater.

"Sige na go for *insert school here*, I will even help you out so you won't have a hard time" he said as if he was a child begging for coins.

I playfully replied telling him "The only hard time I would probably have would be giving you blowjobs, to repay you for all the "help".

he added while looking at me "Imagine having a hard time talking to people and eating from the strain, I might have caused on your jaws."

As I looked back at him. He gave me a cheeky smile and started playing with my cheeks.

"So ano na? Will you still push me to go to your alma mater?" I was starting to get a bit annoyed

He jokingly blurted out "Just wait till your internship, I will make your life a living hell."

Still a bit irked I said "Maybe in the future we would become the ultimate rival physicians in the province or have a striving practice and refer our future patients with each other."

_____

Advance Happy Independence Day! Taken during an
event to celebrate the culture and heritage of our province.
This was also the first time we got caught  in public together by
people we know, despite them not knowing our sexual status.
Things have been going really well for me and Patrick. We have been getting to know each other very well over late night dinner, sleepovers, and random trips around the province. It feels like we are both in the same wavelength and that I think he could be "the one". Maybe we should make things official soon but how? Ughh.

Lately things have been very busy for me due to the demands needed by my seasonal job as an instructor of my beloved profession but since summer classes is already over and I quit my old job at the hospital. I am a free man for the next two months, before I become a student again.

Hopefully I get to finally decide on which school to attend ASAP and that I can put my two month downtime to good use.

22 comments:

  1. 200 admitted students.. hmmm.. i thought wrong lol.

    you can do this doc Simon. wishing you and doc Patrick a nice 2 months of togetherness XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which is why trying to get in that school is very challenging. Thank you for visiting my blog again future Doc Jules :)

      Delete
  2. Go for the one that fits your learning style best. Don't settle for easy. Usually doesn't pay off.

    Do your best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to believe in myself more. Thanks for dropping by Andre :)

      Delete
  3. good luck sa med school :) bakit feeling ko excited din ako, di naman ako yung mag-aaral haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh it feels good to know that a lot of you are excited for me :)

      Delete
  4. It's just so nice hearing people (or reading lol) getting their dreams come true. I have friends who are into med school and they are getting crazy about the studies, but i know it's all worth it for yall. You go there Simon! share us more about your journey in school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sana I won't get super crazy over my studies. Hoping to read more from you soon! :)

      Delete
  5. It doesn't matter which school you go to, as long as you persevere ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and I believe that you shall :)

      I'm happy for you Simon ...kilig. ikaw na may Doc Patrick! by any chance, kaya ba "Patrick" kasi Patrick dempsey = Dr. Derick Shepeherd = McDreamy ?

      Delete
    2. Nagiging "Patrick" kasi may times na he reminds me of Patrick from Spongebob haha :)

      Delete
    3. :( Is that supposed to be a compliment sa kanya?

      Delete
    4. Nabuga ko yung iniinom kong kape dahil sa "...he reminds me of Patrick from Spongebob..."

      Delete
  6. I'm sure you will make the right decision, and Patrick will be there to support you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hala. I know that place. I painted that old house back in college. I know some family members too that owns it. Hehehhe.

    And my auntie is a faculty in one of the medical school of the province.

    Naintriga na hinuon ko da asa ka plano mo tiwas ug skwela. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my :))) Hmmmm Seems like we belong in the same world )

      Delete