Wednesday, April 5, 2017

a step closer.

Lately the guy I have been crushing on (Let's just call him Patrick) and I have been constantly chatting on messenger.

It all started morning after a co-worker's birthday party. I was shocked to see that he sent me a meme about me drinking too much. From there on we just kept exchanging messages, but when we saw each other in person it was a bit awkward talking to him. I felt like we were more comfortable talking to each other on messenger.

Last night was different though... We happened to meet each other at the grocery store and decided to walk to his place to drop his groceries and go out for coffee right after. Funny how we seemingly became close after a few days of talking on messenger.

"Tonight we chit-chat over a cup of coffee and no alcohol for you." he said as we walked to a sort of hidden coffee shop near his place.

I don't know if I should put meaning to this but when I tried paying for my drink, he pushed my hand away and paid for both our drinks. It felt weird but I guess this is a step forward to a new friendship (I want something more though.). We just talked all night about random things and time just flew by so fast that I didn't notice that we talked for around three hours, barely taking a sip of our now watered down cups of iced coffee. Funny how there was barely any conflict of interests in our conversation despite the age gap of around 8 years (Him being older).

Throughout our whole conversation, I kept trying to gather the courage to ask his sexual preference, but I could seem not muster up the courage to ask him straight up. This is the first time that we went out together though. I feel it in my bones that he plays for our team(LGBT), but he seems straight as wood. Maybe I should not expect anything though and start getting over this unrequited crush that I have on him.

15 comments:

  1. Just enjoy the new friendship. Don't overthink too much because as the saying goes, the higher your hope, you'll hurt more when you know the truth is the opposite from what you expected. Be friends without any expectations is the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard not to imagine stuff when you have a crush on him. Haha

      Delete
  2. OMG Simon! This is so exciting!

    I think he does play for our team. That first move on Messenger, going out, paying... sounds like a date. But the fun is in the guessing. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems like a beginning of a love story. Can't wait to see updates on this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brandon! Thanks for dropping by and I hope to read more from you soon! :)

      Delete
  4. Why not ask him straight away? What's holding you back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awkward if I do. He is someone of higher authority in our food chain and who knows I might get power tripped if I offend him in someway.

      Delete
  5. Let it unravel on its own. that is the fun part.

    :)
    Exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Key question -- does he know you're gay? If yes, then most certainly he's interested in you. If no, then you tell first and see what happens. If you share then he should share.

    Waiting for next chapter of this story!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cool. there are times that you don't need to ask questions and maybe just do what you got to do... be you and enjoy the moment. :D

    ReplyDelete