Thursday, January 28, 2016

The Rat Race.

So just this month after not being allowed to take the upcoming board exams. I decided to get a job to keep myself busy and remain productive. Boy oh boy! After getting the job! I have realized so much things!

Here are a few things that I realized when getting a job

  • Lining up at government offices can be such a hassle since I would have to wake up really early in the morning just to get a service number at NBI, SSS, and even for the medical check up..
  • The pay for entry level jobs is not really enough to have a decent lifestyle.. I mean how the eff can I buy a house or even support my needs when I only get a basic pay of around 9k a month plus taxable benefits of 3k? (Not to sound ungrateful or anything)
  • I have learned to respect the people who work in offices more.. Their job is not easy and yet they are not really compensated well.

Things are going great for me so far :) After applying for the job at an online job portal, I got a call like a few hours after to wear "Business casual attire" (WTF is Business casual attire haha.. I had to google for it but I still didnt understand so I wore long sleeves and slacks.) and see them for my long waves of interviews.. After being one of the few applicants out of 20++ applicants to have had made the final that day.. It has made me conclude that applying for a job is such a struggle haha. 

But anyways I now work in a bank since I didn't want to work in a call center and I can't work anything medical related without my license. Funny thing is it's a bank close to where Cheng is working at :) It is sort of awkward being one of the few male bank tellers.. They said I can become a "Roving Teller" once I finish "training". So far nobody has asked about my sexual orientation but I have this huge crush on this guy who handles the loans.. I need to catch a sneak peak of what he has to offer when he pees on the urinal next time. 

12 comments:

  1. True that entry level pays peanuts. At least I am grateful to have gotten an office job that the pay is on par with my qualification after working for several jobs out there. Experience is everything now. So I take this time as an experience-gaining process before I hop for better options. I can't expect myself to have huge house in future. But I expect to have a decent life instead. Life after graduated is really really really tough I have to say. Been there. Done that. Experienced taught me well not to be picky anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True!! The Jobs I really wanted needed experience or a specific license to practice.. But buuuh!! This is probably the reasons why people here go abroad because the pay isn't really good to have a decent living.

      Delete
  2. Congrats. Welcome sa mundo ng pagiging tax payer ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Sadly the struggles of lining up at the government offices isnt worth it to me.. :(

      Delete
  3. Welcome to the world of slaves to the minimum wage! Hehehe! I never really understood the struggle in job applications/job interviews. Most of the jobs i got in the past didn't require interviews. I had people who put in a good word for me, ALWAYS. i was never accepted because of my skills and knowledge, but because of the strings i pulled and the game i played in the corporate politics. Even my promotion was the result of my tireless ass-kissing. hahahaha!

    But are you really sure about getting a job before taking and passing the board exams?

    I am always concerned about young people getting a job before finishing their studies and exams. My greatest regret in life is that i aspired so much to get a job so now I have no degree or any formal education.

    If i want to go ahead in life, i would need to work harder than everybody else, or sell a pound of my flesh, compromise my ethics, and sell my soul to the devil.

    So i really encourage you to do your best to take the board examination and pass it, which I think you can easily do that.

    And as for Cheng, well, perhaps cosmos is telling you something? Coincidence? Or maybe I just assume too much. Whatever the case is, always seek wisdom from above, and in the company of friends, of people who truly want the best for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As in!!! Why is everyone paid minimum wage for something they invested so much for in college? I really don't get it.. Buhh maybe this is real life.

      Delete
  4. I haven't experienced that since I haven't finished my studies yet.

    I giggled on the last part. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will be ka-level soon I guess haha :)

      Delete
  5. i'm assuming you're a PT. how did you get to work in a bank?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes im a "PT" haha :) Well there is a certain bank if you check on Jobstreet that accepts any graduate of atleast a four year course.. Heck even BDO in our province accepts any course even if their website says that you need to be a graduate of a business related course.

      Delete