Sunday, January 19, 2014

start of a long distance.

Right now I am laying next to Cheng in our hotel room, writing this post. Still feeling a bit buzzed from all that liquor digested in my system in celebration of our 3 Night Sinulog Party. I suddenly feel so old after hearing the screams of joy at all the other younger people occupying the rooms next to ours and seeing underage teenagers drinking their lives away down below from the view of our balcony. Maybe being 20-something is already a sign to put myself back together and live like an adult and give up the life of being a weekend warrior. Or maybe times have changed and that the younger generations seek to live the life of a weekend warrior. Probably its time to leave the life of a weekend warrior....

"What if I get assigned to work outside the country for a few months, would you want me to quit my job or should I go?" he asked me last Friday night while drinking with a few of our friends

"What do you mean?" I said, hoping that this was all just a joke, giving me time to think of an answer..

"I am getting promoted and that I would have to get my training in Singapore for 3-4months.. I want to take this opportunity but would you let me?"

Feeling a bit uneasy I just said "Its your life go for it!"

So a week from now Cheng would be leaving home for Singapore for the next 4 months and would be coming back here in the Philippines for 5 days every month. I still do not know what to expect from all this.. Would things be different? Has god done this for a purpose? Can we handle the long distance? I am scared. What we can do right now is enjoy the good vibes and drink away our worries and troubles since its Sinulog! The biggest party of the year here in this province that I stay in...

29 comments:

  1. kaya yan... have faith. Mahal nyo ang isa't isa di ba? so ibig sabihin dapat confident kayo na masu-surpass nyo ang maliit na pagsubok na ito. *winx*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things will be very different.. I just hope that nothing would be different

      Delete
    2. It won't be too different :) We will make it work now come back to the room! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm in a long distance relationship though we make ti to a point to meet each other every weekend. He works in Bicol.

    Keep the lines of communication open. Trust. Meet regularly. That's all I can say. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Fifity.. this is just a challenge with ur partner but everything will be fine once you trust each other and have regular communication

      Delete
    2. Its different though since his gonna be in another country about 3hours and 40minutes away by plane :(

      Delete
    3. It doesn't have to be every week. Just make it to a point to meet regularly. Kaya yan.

      Delete
  3. have not read your new posts in so long. hope you and cheng are having a great time of your life there in the Sinulog festival.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. School won't be toxic this week so I can probably post more often again :)

      Delete
  4. It is a test of how you and Cheng will be. This is just the beginning and there will be more. You need to focus on making a good life while he makes his own. You are only separated by distance, not by phone calls, skype or any apps from a phone. Be strong, be truthful, and communicate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish I had the will power to give myself a good life when I keep procrastinating my duties as a student.. I really just hope that nothing major changes and that our love wouldn't die down..

      Delete
  5. A big obstacle of your relationship is headed your way. Plan ahead on how you guys will comminicate and make the most of the time you guys have left. ^_^. it is nice to read something of substance from your blog again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Communication would probably not be a problem but the loss of physical presence would be :( Im gonna miss everything tangible about him.. Especially his smell

      Delete
    2. What's wrong with my smell? Don't you like the natural fragrance of your love? :) :) :) Balik na sa room!! Now!!

      Delete
  6. di ko alam kung pumasok yung comment ko pero kutob ko hindi kaya retype mode.

    good thing you allowed your partner sa kanyang career growth.

    good nadin yun kasi right now, may technology na. Tapos na ang araw na ang communication ay via telephone or snail mail lang. Ngayon, may fb, may chwirrer, may skype.

    sabi nga sa isang tv show.... malayo man, malapit din.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing can compensate for his tangible presence though :( But 4 months is probably short

      Delete
  7. well four months lang naman. hehe

    kaya niyo yan compared ba naman sa ibang pinagdaanan niyo di ba? hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess were actually already growing up na :)

      Delete
  8. i think it'll be a test for your relationship..

    im sure, the two of you can work it out...

    btw. Happy fiesta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The test of being faithful is coming.

      Delete
  9. Four months will be quick when you are deeply in love. Stay strong! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Four months of agony! :( Atleast he gets to visit for 5 days a month..

      Delete
  10. Tian, I know things won't be the same in the coming days but I hope that we both will stay strong.. <3 This is probably a sign that you must start focusing on your studies as well so we both can move to Singapore if ever things drift that way

    ReplyDelete
  11. LDRs fail not much because of the distance but how the persons on both ends act on such. 5 months is not long. And just imagine you'll have an excuse to go to SG anytime! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am not a fan of LDR and with what I just read, it seems like you are too. But it can't be helped and the statistic is against you and cheng. But here's the fun part. Those 5 days. Those 5 exciting, thrilling days, that you guys can spend together. Plus, you can take this chance to prove that LDRs do work.

    ReplyDelete