Sunday, December 15, 2013

Over coffee and cigarettes

After getting caught by my cousin displaying much affection towards Cheng last Wednesday. I knew I had to talk to her about it otherwise hell might break lose. The emotionless look on her face. I really had to talk things out to her. So we decided to meet up at the coffee shop nearby her place at 3pm. When I got there she was already seated with a frap on her hand and a cigarette on the other.

"Hey Patty(not her real name), how is school? how's life?"

"School has been stressful as usual and I feel like dropping out of school but you know mother wouldn't like that"

"What about you Simon? How is school and life?"

"Likewise, School has been stressful for me as well and life has not been very smooth the past few months"
"So about the other night.. You know seeing me and Cheng"

she just stares at me while I try to muster up the courage to tell her..

"Well Cheng and I are more than just best friends.. You know like bf-gf.. except its bf-bf.."

She just smiled and said "Si, well we have been cousins since ever and I know you pretty well.  I have always known that you are not like the others." "Well for me there is really nothing wrong with it. It's just that... After seeing you guys together that night. Everything just made sense. My instincts were right.."

I said in a hushed manner "Can you please not tell anyone about this.. I would not want to runaway like our cousin James who was banished..."

"We are the new generation.. Not to offend our folks but I think being too traditional has shut down many things we could have done in our lives.. Dont worry. I know how it is in our family."

With that I am finally a step closer to becoming a free man. Happy Sunday to you guys :)

16 comments:

  1. Great cousin, love her already, ha,ha,ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I just hope I can get the acceptance of everyone ;)

      Delete
  2. i know how that feels when we're finally able to tell at least one person what we've been hiding for so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every single time I tell someone about me and Cheng it feels like I lost 5lbs haha ;)

      Delete
  3. What are you getting Cheng for Christmas? :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the wounds of our past fixed. Haha :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations. wala nang mas hihigit pa sa pakiramdam ng malaya

    ReplyDelete
  5. just be happy she has an open mind about your situation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My family shuns homosexuality. Both brothers of my Lolo from my mother side and my father side were casted out by their respective family after coming out that they were gay during their time. Their share of the family's piggy bank taken away from them because "they will just use it for their sins" reasoning. After that, no one dared to come out...


    I wonder what will happen to me when I do come out...


    -DK-

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's nothing evil or wrong in living in truth than trying to be someone else that you were never made to be. The world would sound so preach on heterosexuality and yet they encourage the closeted ones to live in truth? I can't imagine Jesus Christ encouraging something like that.

    It's hard for me to comment on certain issues such as this one, but all i can say is that the holy scriptures tell us that we were made to live in truth.

    besides, hiding like that could frustrate your relationships. I'd rather sacrifice traditions that could make my life shit than give up a life that would really make me happy and honest with people.

    Traditions are ok, but I think families such as yours must be enlightened and establish the whole clan on basic human principles that transcend time and culture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully soon they will be enlightened but first I have to prepare myself if ever I too get kicked out

      Delete
  8. ang sarap ng ganyang feeling... maluwag sa dibdib... may mahihingahan...

    ReplyDelete
  9. So far, I haven't had the initiative to confront anyone in the family regarding me and jjampong.
    But I think my guy cousin caught us making out one evening. Or maybe heard us moaning in passion the previous nights.

    Better let him be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to do something about it or I might risk getting kicked out of the La Pamilya :( Hopefully you too will slowly confront your family/friends soon :)

      Delete
  10. nothing beats a supportive kapamilya :)

    ReplyDelete