Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Spark

The Spark a continuation of my last post entitled "The Night That Started it All"
Note: Some things I can not really remember clearly so I had to spice it up for the sake of the story but hey atleast the gist is still there and that it really adds to the anonymity of the story ;)

I woke up the next morning because of an annoying vibration inside my sling bag which was still on me that morning. I looked inside the bag and found a phone.

I picked up to see it had 12 miss calls and a few seconds later someone named "Ate Shi" calls.. I answered the phone and suddenly from out of nowhere, a familiar voice from the other line starts shouting "Hoy kawatan e uli na akong cellphone! Bagaa sad nimo og nawong pangitaon jud tika kawatana ka! (Hey you thief give me back my phone! Are you not ashamed? I will find you, you thief!)"

I was starting to get hot tempered and shouted back "Hoy giatay! Wa ko nanihanglan sa imo phone. Nahibulong gane ko kung nano ni abot na sa akong bag imo giatayng cellphone. (Hey! I dont need your phone. I even wondered how your dreaded phone got in my bag.)".

"Awh, pwede magkita nalang ta para ma uli nimo akong cellphone? Bayran tika balik sa imo na plite. (Oh, can we meet so you can give me back my phone? Ill pay back the travel expenses" the person on the other line said calmly.

"Sige kita ta smoking area sa Mcdo asiatown ig lunch. texti lang ko ig abot nimo (Alright lets just meet at the smoking area of Mcdonalds Asiatown at lunch. Text me when your there) " what was I thinking!?! Meeting up with some random person who could possibly kidnap me or something. I was scared but at the same time I had to return the phone. I had to do something right.


So as agreed I waited in the balcony of Mcdonalds, I was scared not knowing what to expect or how the owner looks like. How the eff should I know how the owner looks like when the phone was password protected. Heck if it wasn't locked, I would have already read the messages and browsed through everything in the phone. I get a mini heart attack every time someone goes to the balcony with me thinking that it was the owner. Coincidentally I saw the guy who helped me last night go in the balcony. He was a 5'7'' tall chink with a semi clear complexion. I thought to myself that could this chink be the owner of the phone?

I look at the chink from where im sitting and see him pick up his phone. Ha! I was right! As soon as the lost phone started to ring. I just knew that it had to be his. I answered it and said "Hoy! Ikaw man diay toh ni tabang nako pag gabi-e. Naa rako galingkod sa pikas tumoy sa imo gi atabangan. (Hey! Its you the guy who helped me last night. Im here seated at the opposite end of where your facing)."

I waved his phone at him. It was awkward. I didn't know him and he didn't know me. He was fast approaching. My heart started to beat a bit fast embarrassed about last night's incident. I swear I could picture out how my face looked like but im pretty sure I looked funny. He placed his drink on the table and as soon as he sat down I could smell his sweet scent.

It was awkward he just sat there for like 20 seconds and I just could not stand the awkward silence so I said "Thanks for helping me last night, Im still quite ashamed for what happened last... night." then to add "by the way here's your phone. I charged it for awhile and don't worry I didn't go through anything since it was password locked."  He smiled back and said "Thanks" He then awkwardly said "It's a good thing my phone wasn't stolen and sold to someone in downtown" and again the awkward silence starts again.

I was beginning to feel uneasy by his awkwardness so I had to say something "I guess were even now.". "You helped me and I kept your phone safe". I awkwardly gave a small laugh. I knew that if I leave now it could be the last time I could ever talk to him or see him again. I just had to do something. "So do you want to be friends?" OMG WTF What did I just say? Im such a dork! That has got to be the lamest thing to say.

He gave a genuine laugh and said "My name is Rainier Christian but please call me Cheng, what about you?" I introduced myself and then said "I gotta go do errands for my family. It was nice to meet you".

So from then on it was the beginning of a beautiful friendship. He added me on facebook and thats when the random late night chats began which later then soon developed to texting with him while in class. We were like 8 year old's who found a new best friend. I later found out that we both live fairly similar lives with us not being close to our dads & that we both did not have many guy friends. This went on for about a month till we both decided to go watch the movie "Transformers" together at the mall. It was gonna be our first meeting after returning his phone about a month ago.


To be continued again soon ;) See you soon guys! Classes are almost starting again.. Oh god!!

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thats in bisaya but I included an english translation in the side if ever you guys cant speak Cebuano :) I hope you get to read the next part of this story :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, I see.

      Don't worry. I will. :)

      Delete
  2. NagGoogle ko na kung nasaan ang Asiatown LOL

    Next time I visit I know who to ask to tour me around! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just email me and maybe ill treat you to a cup of coffee someday :)

      Delete
  3. Eto ang nakakaintriga, ha,ha,ha. Nice one, will come back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking time to read this post and hopefully you will cone back ;)

      Delete
  4. oh. napangiti ako while reading this post! buti na lang kabalo ako maka intindi ng bisaya. Ilonggo here btw. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow ha you actually ran through my blog ;) Im touched :)

      Delete
    2. haha I'm like that kasi, sa first post ako nagsisimula magmas. =P and i think i have a new crush sa blogosphere. LoL

      Delete
    3. Saan yung new crush mo? haha Thanks for visiting though really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  5. OMFG THIS IS WONDERFUL. AND TAGA CEBU SAD KA.

    i will binge read all of your posts!

    -anon7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dont stay anon :) I probably am from Cebu but who knows :)

      Delete