Thursday, October 31, 2013

I never chose this life.



Being the eldest son in the family comes with great expectations. My parents are probably expecting me to take over the family business, to soon bring home my future wife whom shall bear my children, and to carry on the family name. It's just unfortunate for them that I, their eldest son play for the other team, I am bent, I am gay. Although I have not fully come out of the closet yet, I am pretty sure my mother has a tad idea that I am.

After avidly reading blogs of other gay Asian men for years. I have long considered in making one myself and so I did. I have finally gathered enough courage to make one myself. Though what I would share here would have to remain anonymous to protect my own and the others personal life.

To start off I am a "East Asian"-Filipino living a double life. I have accepted my fate of being gay. I hope you my future readers will enjoy reading on about my life in this blog.

Peace,
"Simon"

9 comments:

  1. I am an eldest child too, and it's really difficult being one, especially when you father is pressuring you from time to time. Though I'm not an "East Asian"—just a Filipino—I can totally see where you're coming from.

    Anyway, here's to the start of a reading relationship with you. I'm looking forward to more of your stories. And welcome to the world of blogging! Cheers! :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that warm welcome and I hope to read more from your blog too!

      Delete
  2. Welcome to le blogosphere. Eldest here as well and I can relate. Hehehehe. Despite being an eldest son and knowing the difficulties of being one, I believe that every child of any ordinal position of the chronological order of birth (tama ba pagkakaenglish ko hahahha) has his/her ups and downs. I think it all depends onthe parenting. For some families, it sucks to e am eldest. For some, it sucks to be a middle child. All we can do is to deal with whatever life throws at us.

    An interesting thing to note is that sometimes your ordinal position at birth gives one a glimpse of one's personality. This has been reportdd in rappler once. Not sure of its scientific credibility.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True.. In what ever position we are are in the sibling hierarchy whether eldest, middle, or youngest we all get a small glimpse of ones personality. Like I noticed most of my friends who are the youngest child tend to be the most spoiled and to some most protected by their parents and even for some their elder siblings.

      Delete
  3. Baliktad naman tayo... I'm the youngest hehe, so I think mga kapatid ko na bahala magpalago ng aming name hehe tutal 3 naman sila and one is already married, the other will get married this dec and the other one, I think in a few years kasal na din :-)

    Welcome and I like reading your posts, laging bitin eh ahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. great blog :) Nice nga yung mga post mo pero I want sana your future posts to include more detail as to what most your readers have said kinda bitin mga posts mo but its also a good thing kasi it gets us thinking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ill try to put in more details in my next few posts ;) Thanks for visiting ;)

      Delete
  5. welcome East Asian!!

    hehehe..

    i am the youngest and the acceptance (from parents and relatives) of what i am came too early.. it's one of the things is am thankful for.. For you, don't worry, mahaba pa ang buhay, hindi pa natin alam kung anu pwedeng mangyari..



    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Simon! Thanks for the visit!
    one step at a time ika nga. =)

    ReplyDelete